Whether it be you have naturally small breasts, lost volume and fullness through weight loss or pregnancy, or just wish to enhance the look of your breasts, breast augmentation can help achieve your personal goals. During your consultation you will learn about implant options, surgical approach, and be able to discuss which technique will give you the best chance at achieving the appearance you desire.
Breast Augmentation Performed in Jacksonville & Morehead City NC
Breast Augmentations in Jacksonville and Morehead City, NC
There are many different factors to understand when deciding on breast augmentation surgery including implant type, placement of incision, and whether the implant is placed above or below the chest wall muscle. All of these will be discussed in detail during your first visit and again at your pre-op visit should you decide to have surgery.During the augmentation surgery, Jacksonville plastic surgeon Dr. Klainer will insert an implant underneath your breasts to achieve the desired fullness.
Although the basics remain the same, there are several breast augmentation options you can choose from that will affect the final result.
Different Implant Types
There are two basic breast implant choices available:
Saline (Salt Water)
- Inherently safe: if the implant leaks the saline is absorbed and presents no risk
- Coherent gel implants will not spontaneously leak
- Safe and significantly improved compared to older generations of liquid silicone implants
- Softer feel, more natural look than saline implants
You can also choose where to have the incision made. The three most common choices are:
- Periareolar (under the nipple)
- Inframammary (under the breast)
- Transaxillary (under the arm)
Dr. Klainer highly recommends having a periareolar incision for 3 reasons:
- It is centered on the breast allowing the greatest ability to create a natural look and cleavage
- It is the best and most consistently healing of the incision choices
- Should the scar heal poorly, it is never seen in any clothing or bathing suit, thereby preventing anxiety about the scar being visible
Breast implants can be placed either above or underneath the chest muscle wall.
Dr. Klainer recommends placement of the implant underneath the muscle wall. This decreases the likelihood of the implant interfering with mammography. It also results in better support of the implant, a softer feel, and a more natural appearance.
Following the surgery, Dr. Klainer will schedule follow-up appointments for one week and two weeks after the procedure. During those visits, Dr. Klainer will remove your sutures and instruct you on proper care of the implants and incision.
Most patients can return to normal activity after about a week and strenuous activities like exercise after about three to four weeks. Scars typically fade within six months.
Interested in breast augmentation? Schedule a free consultation with Dr. Klainer at Carolina Center for Plastic Surgery in Jacksonville or Morehead City, North Carolina, to get started.
Request an Appointment
See Before and After results photos from recent patients to find out what you can expect from your own breast enhancement from your plastic surgeon in Jacksonville and Morehead City, North Carolina.* Results may vary